This isn't pretty...but curiously good. Ever since I was a kid I loved discovering snails on rainy days. Tonight upon leaving the apartment-I was pleasantly greeted by 7+ slow friends. I decided that since I am staying in alone this Friday evening I should investigate what it may take to start my very own HAPPY SNAIL FARM.
I mean what is the deal with those slippery suckers?
1. They have only one foot and move my having muscular contractions--like waves
2. They can even crawl upside down!
3. They are mostly noctural and conduct most of their active business at night
4. They are called Gastropods meaning: Belly Footed Animal
5. there bodies produce a thick slime which allows them to crawl across a razor and not get hurt
6. They are hermaphrodites--having both sexual organs
7. LArgest ever snail was 15 inches long and weighed 2lbs.
8. National Escargot day is MAY 24th (don't partake)
9 They cannot hear-and have poor eyesight -so must rely on touch and smell for food
This snail is either riding the dog poo or a slice of charred beef?
I've decided to create a Happy Snail farm - a nice resort getaway for the slime families...if you too would love a snail farm here's all you need:
An aquarium or large jar with a mesh wire lid or a plastic lid with holes in it.
a few snails